Surprise your guests with monogrammed MoonPies packaged to go as your guests make their way out of the reception at the end of the night. They’re personalized, edible (so you know they won’t go to waste), and affordable (less than $1 each)! All you need are a few basic craft tools (supply list below), a free afternoon, and a few friends. Instructions below (and original tutorial here).
Photo: Haylie Bird Waring
Your monogrammed MoonPie favor shopping list…
1. Mini MoonPies: MoonPie, $39.50 for 144
2. Pastry bag and tips: ChefTools (if you already have the pastry tips, you can use a sandwich bag as the pastry bag!)
3. Date stamp: Staples, $4.79
4. Glue stick: Office Max, $3.19
5. Kraft Paper: Dick Blick, $3.08 for 100 sheets
6. Sealable cellophane bags: Paper Presentation, $17.90 for 100
1. Use a pastry bag to pipe your monogram in royal icing on chilled mini MoonPies. Once icing has set, slide MoonPie into plastic bag and seal.
2. Cut the kraft paper into 3.5 x 4-inch rectangles. Fold label in half over plastic bag and adhere with glue stick. Hint: make one label that can be your template and cut out multiples to save time.
3. Stamp your wedding date on the label and repeat!
More DIY and vintage wedding inspiration!
> $4 champagne favors for the formal wedding
> 6 wedding table numbers you can make yourself
> See our favorite vintage wedding ideas
Source: The Knot