Xochitl Gonzalez of AaB Creates Event Design knows what it takes to put an event together (Watch the time lapse video below to see what goes into setting up a space like Skylight One Hanson in Brooklyn, New York!) but when it comes to the bride, Xochitl advises to throw all the rules out the window. Adapt traditions to fit your personality, she says, so if you want your best friend to walk you down the aisle do it! To continue our Wed 100 series, here are 5 things you do need come the wedding day according to Xochitl, rules excluded!
1. The pleasure of getting ready with people that they love and enjoy. It’s magical to have those last few hours as a “single lady” surrounded by people who make you laugh and feel loved.
2. A professional photographer that makes them feel beautiful.
3. A few minutes alone with her partner after the ceremony, to remind you what the day is all about.
4. A guest list limited to only people who “deserve” to be there by knowing you: weddings are intimate things and the memories stay sweeter when you look around the room and know everyone there.
5. A chance to dance with her dad (or mom) if she so chooses: it’s a moment that lasts forever!
Here’s a glimpse at AaB at work setting up Skylight One Hanson for a reception:
> See more of AaB designs’ work at this urban garden wedding
> Wedding day must-haves according to designer Jesi Haack
> Get inspired! Browse hundreds of real wedding photos
Source: The Knot